Early diagnosis : Oral Cancer

Oral Cancer : self-diagnosis and prevention

The main risk factors for oral cancer are the usual suspects: smoking and alcohol constitute for up to 80%; poor oral hygiene, a diet low in fruits and vegetables, dental implants positioned incorrectly and the Papillomavirus (HPV), account for the remaining 20% of cases.

Paying more attention to the overall health of your mouth is critical and this means cheap jerseys going to cheap jerseys nfl the dentist at least twice a year for a check-up Read Full Article. There are also some simple self-diagnostic maneuvers you can do to prevent or detect oral cancer.

Recognizing the symptoms is relatively simple.

Here are five useful information for self-diagnosis:

  1. Stick out your tongue as much as possible.
  2. Check for the presence of any whitish or red spots/patches/color changes; feel the tongue for are nodules or lumps. Focus on the surface of the tongue.
  3. Pull your tongue to the side.
  4. Examine the side of your tongue and your inner cheek for any nodules and white or red spots/patches/color changes.
  5. Repeat on the other side.
  6. Put the tip of your tongue on the roof of your mouth.
  7. Examine the base of your tongue and mouth. Rub simultaneously with two fingers, one from below and one from above, and check for lumps,nodules or any color changes fakbecn.
  8. Check the palate to feel for lumps, nodules or any color changes.
  9. Check your throat to feel the lymph nodes that may be the indicator of an infection or something more serious.

If you have an unstoppable cough or notice any irregular bumps or discoloration, make sure to visit a dentist as soon as you can. Early detection really is key with any cancer and good oral hygiene can prevent you from having to go through this ordeal.

Share: